44 people are looking now!
Tour description: The Nikolska Drainage System is one of the most interesting, and it is the right place to start when aiming for your first dive into the world of unique tunnels and ancient passages under the capital of Ukraine.
Its construction began as early as 1848 to fulfil the important function of diverting underground water to counteract landslides on the road leading from the city centre to the Chain Bridge. These underground tunnels have embodied daring engineering solutions like no other in Old Europe.
When you visit the drainage system, you'll experience the full diversity of the underground world, from complete darkness to bright light, from deafening silence to the ringing sound of spring water from the deepest underground waterfall.
During the tour, you will see and learn about:
- -Where the name of this drainage system comes from;
- -Where the throne of the underground idol is located;
- -What the “Toy Underground” is built for;
- -What are the functions of the "Bow Corridor";
- -Visit the "Waterfall of Eternal Youth and Rain";
- -Take a promenade under the "Waterfall of Eternal Youth and Rain";
- -Hear the roar of applause in the cascade gallery with a three-meters high ceiling;
- -Solve the mystical mystery of the “Hall of Three Brothers”;
- -Uncover the treasures from the “Underground Jewel Box”;
- -Relax by the century-old wooden well with spring water.
- -Round-trip transfer;
- -Active guided tour by a professional guide
- -Shoe covers for hire (special shoes to be worn over the shoes)
- -Torches rental
- -Additional equipment (rain jacket and gloves)
- -Group photos
English Russian Ukrainian